Myanmar Trip Number 14, Part 1

I am currently traveling in Myanmar with the Fujifilm GFX 50s medium format mirrorless camera system. This is my 14th trip to this Golden Land.

Here are a few images from the first 10 days of my travels in Myanmar.

Normally you would consider slowing down, taking your time, using a tripod and setting up a shot with a medium format camera system. But I am traveling and working on moments that fly by, people that are not use to being photographed and don’t have the patience or interest in stopping for a proper portrait.

I am using a tripod and taking the time when I can. But I am also hand holding the camera, pushing ISO in very low light situations and taking my chances with movement and motion.

Challenging to say the least, and many near misses, but that is the facts of travel. I am not using this system any differently than I would the Fujifilm X-T2 system. After all I am not in my studio with the time to setup and control everything.


























The camera system has been working very well. And I have to say I am continually amazed at the image quality and detail deep into the shadows. Auto Focus with complete control to the finest points or selecting and controlling zones has been a lifesaver. The selection of 3 great fixed lenses (23mm F4, 63mm F2.8, 110mm F2) covers most any and all situations I find myself in. I am most often shooting wide open in low light and believe me they are sharp!

My intention for this trip was to collect more portrait and landscape images and this camera system has been ideal for my needs.


I am looking forward to the rest of my trip and many more images to come.

Comments